Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My "Real" To-Do List

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon in the park watching my hubby play a game of volleyball. Afterward, we all went out for some ice cream, and as I waited for my chocolate sundae, a colorful ceramic plaque behind the counter caught my eye. It read...

The “Real” To-Do List
Sing
Smile at strangers
Keep learning
Notice kindness
Eat ice cream
Hope
Count your blessings
Laugh
Love
Love some more

This plaque makes me happy. Maybe because it reminds me of all the little things in life that really matter. In just three short months the summer will be over, the weather will be turning cooler, and the trees will be changing to the colors of Autumn.

I want to savor every last drop of summertime this year. I want to eat ice cream, go for long bike rides, and enjoy all of life's little blessings. So here's my own "real" to-do list this summer...

Go swimming
Pick a flower
Lay in the grass and look up at the clouds
Dance
Cuddle with my pet rabbit
Spend quality time with my family
Count the stars in the sky
Run my toes through the sand at the beach
Catch a firefly
Try something new
Read a book that I've always been curious about

What are some of the "real" things on your own to-do list this summer?

Happy organizing, saving & eating ice cream,


Cathy

Photo courtesy of pet shed.

2 comments:

  1. Some other ideas...

    Catch up with a long lost friend
    Smile
    Tell the people in your life how much you appreciate them
    Count your blessings
    and eat more ice cream!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Great list!

    ReplyDelete