Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Signs of Spring

I love this photo because it reminds me of springtime. And what better time is there to get organized than spring? The weather is warming up, the birds are chirping, and the world outside is fresh and alive again! Here are a few of my favorite spring projects as the weather starts turning warmer.

#1 - Wouldn’t it be nice to look outside through clean windows at all the beautiful spring flowers in bloom? Open the windows, remove the screens, and thoroughly wash the panes and sills. I like to use vinegar in a spray bottle, and recycled newspapers for this task. Newspapers keep my windows streak free, and vinegar really makes them sparkle!

#2 - Patio flags are festive and fun, and I look forward to changing them with the seasons. Today, I decided to fly this colorful butterfly flag in celebration of spring. It makes me happy just to look at it! : )

#3 - Its been a long cold winter! Open up all the windows and doors and breathe in all the nice fresh spring air...aaahhh! Replace the filter in the furnace and vacuum out the air-conditioning registers.

#4 - It's not too late to plant a few seeds and begin a vegetable garden indoors. If you have seedlings that are already growing, its a perfect time to transplant them outside! (Be sure to check the Farmer's Almanac for the last few days of frost in your area.)

#5 - This time of year, I begin to pack away our winter hats, gloves, scarves and jackets. I also rotate our winter sweaters and cold weather clothes to make room for spring and summer clothes. It feels really good to clean out our closets, and put away the things we won't wear again until next Fall.

#6 - Springtime = fun + sun, so now is a good time to stock up on sunscreen. I also like to keep my gardening hats, baseball caps, and sunglasses handy.

#7 - When spring rolls around, we get ready for BBQ season by wiping down the BBQ and cleaning off the grill. Then we make sure the propane tank is full, and replace any tools, if needed.

#8 - I just LOVE the idea of drying my clothes outside on a line as the weather starts turning warmer. Hanging them outdoors saves electricity and money, and makes my clothes smell so fresh and clean!

#9 - Switch over from heavy winter bedding to lighter, cooler sheets and covers. Wash and fold our winter blankets, and tuck them away again until the Fall.

#10 - Treat myself to a pretty new spring lipstick! : )

Do you have any favorite routines to help you get ready for springtime, too?

Happy organizing, saving, & welcoming the sunshine,

Cathy

6 comments:

  1. what a lovely blog Cathy! I love your spring time routines, and adore your tea cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, fun post, Cathy! Springtime is my favorite time to go to local farmer's markets and take advantage of all of the lovely, spring produce.

    Is this rabbit a pet of yours? Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Linda! It makes me so happy that you stopped by. Thank you for your nice comments. : )

    Hi, Cynthia, great idea! I love going to the Farmer's market in the springtime, too. Yes, the bunny in the photo is our pet. His name is Bluebell, and he's very special to us. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bluebell is adorable. I hope we get to see more of him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun blog, Cathy. And I agree...Bluebell is adorable. :)

    Aby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Aby. Bluebell bunny is my new mascot : )

    ReplyDelete