Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Berry Organized

This week, I decided to recycle some berry baskets to organize miscellaneous items in my bathroom. Do you know those cute little plastic baskets at the grocery store filled with yummy strawberries, blueberries and raspberries? Who knew they would be absolutely perfect for organizing make-up, q-tips and hair accessories?

The berries at the store were on sale this week for 10/$1 each, with the 11th basket being free. I couldn’t resist this great sale...so I decided to buy all eleven baskets of berries.

I removed the sticker using my blow dryer, and found some left over scrap booking labels, ribbon, scissors and a non-toxic glue stick. I glued the tags to both sides of the lid, so when I open them up, they look pretty on the inside.

I’m just tickled by how they turned out! These whimsical tags dress up the baskets and give them a personality and style of their own! They look cute and colorful inside my bathroom cabinet.

From top left and clockwise - my lipsticks, q-tips, ponytail holders and cosmetic mirrors.

I threaded some pink satin ribbon through a strawberry basket to house my everyday make-up items.

Here’s my finished make-up basket!

This turned out to be such a fun project! As you can see, I didn’t have to spend a lot of money on storage containers to organize my miscellaneous bathroom items. While big chain organizing stores are fun to walk through, most of the time I find myself using containers from garage sales, thrift stores, the dollar store, and my own home.

Oh...and since I just bought eleven baskets of berries...I'm looking forward to baking berry cobbler this weekend!

Mmmmmm!

Happy organizing, saving money & baking berry cobbler : )

Cathy

3 comments:

  1. very cute Cathy! And how savvy are you to be able to get berries 10/$1?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat idea cathy! Love, Dad PS, Happy Birthday (soon)

    ReplyDelete